Mortgage Loan Processor
Ephraim Office – Posted July 22, 2020
Answer questions from members on real estate loans and rates. Gather and analyze financial information on members for the purpose of determining qualifying status for mortgage loans. Provide member with applications, interview for routine loans or to obtain additional information, and set up appointments with mortgage loan officer. Collate, review, and verify a myriad of loan documents for accuracy for real estate transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate loan process with borrower.
- Process all types of loan applications and verify accuracy. Conduct loan interviews with members when necessary. Follow-up with members to obtain any documentation.
- Provide all applicable disclosures for both fixed-and variable-rate loans.
- Collect all required documentation for the loan package.
- Create a loan submission package for the Underwriting Department.
- Submit files to assigned underwriter.
- Ensure that approval falls within the established lending guidelines.
- Communicate with other professionals, including attorneys, county clerks, appraisers and title companies.
- Answers member’s questions regarding mortgage loans, payments, balances and insurance requirements.
- Resolves (or refers) requests and problems promptly and courteously.
- Learn and comply with credit union policies and procedures.
- Maintains departmental files.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintains and conveys the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must qualify to be bonded by CUMIS Insurance.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan servicing procedures and related laws and regulations.
- General understanding of mortgage loans and mortgage processes.
- General office skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting/bookkeeping is preferred.
- One to two years mortgage servicing experience with a full-service financial institution.
- Varied office experience.
- Excellent communication, telephone and public relations skills.
- Excellent Member Service skills.
- Accuracy and thoroughness in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong typing abilities.
- Excellent basic math skills.
- Well organized.
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.
To apply please contact any Utah Heritage Credit Union office to complete an employment application. You can also fax or email your resume to Emily at 435-436-8190 or email@example.com.
Applications / Resumes will be accepted until Friday, August 7, 2020.