Current Job Openings
We are currently accepting applications or resumes for the following positions:
Part-Time Teller Position – Mt. Pleasant Office
Resumes accepted until Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members in person, via phone, and through the mail including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks and cash advances, etc. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Perform a broad variety of member service functions such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates, assist members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. Answers member’s question regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance. Actively cross-sell Credit Union services. Performs specific assigned side-jobs, including various clerical and receptionist functions and assists other Service Representatives with duties as required. Serve members promptly and professionally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Goes the extra mile in welcoming members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
▪ Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
▪ Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances.
▪ Maintain an up‐to‐date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up‐to‐date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
▪ Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Orders checks for members’ accounts. Completes payroll deduction and authorization forms.
▪ Keeps members informed of Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options and other related services.
▪ Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information.
▪ Resolves (or refers) members requests and problems promptly and courteously.
▪ Cross-sell other credit union services.
▪ Balance cash drawer and daily transactions.
▪ Learn and comply with credit union policies and procedures.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ High school graduate or equivalent.
▪ Must qualify to be bonded by CUMIS Insurance.
▪ Varied office experience.
▪ Excellent communication, telephone and public relations skills.
▪ Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
▪ Excellent Member Service skills.
▪ Must be good with detail and have the ability to deal with confidential information.
▪ Ability to meet deadlines.
▪ Strong typing abilities.
▪ Excellent basic math skills.
▪ Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment.
▪ Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
▪ Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
▪ Friendly and welcoming personality.
▪ Part-Time: Approximately 25 hours per week.
▪ Benefits: Paid Holidays (State & Federal Holidays) and Paid Vacation/Personal leave.
To apply please contact any Utah Heritage Credit Union office to complete an employment application. You can also fax or email your resume to Emily at 435-436-8190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications / Resumes will be accepted until Wednesday, October 2, 2019.